Date: Tuesday, March 23, 8:00 am GMT
Competition Length: 1 hour
Columns are the foundation for any balloon decor business. Applicants will be allowed one hour to construct an impressive, professional column of their choice.
Competition Rules & Guidelines
- This competition will be a live event lasting 1 hour.
- Please plan to sign in 20 minutes before the competition begins.
- You will need to have your balloon product ready when the competition begins.
- Only Qualatex and Northstar balloons are allowed. Designs using other brands will be disqualified.
- Within 5 minutes of the competition being over, you will be required to email a picture of your twisted figure to firstname.lastname@example.org for judging.
- Please confirm you understand all of the competition rules & guidelines.
The Balloon Column entries will be judged in the five categories listed below. Each category will have equal weight with criteria as follows:
- Overall Impression: Visual impact, originality, and uniqueness. Does the column have a strong visual impact so it demands attention? Is the design exciting and pleasing to the eye with a newness of style? Does it use a concept created along new or unconventional lines? Does the display convey a feeling of professionalism and creativity? Creative expression is not necessarily practical or easily reproduced.
- Overall Design: Does the display illustrate effective use of Color and Balance? Is there a good use of Rhythm and Line within the display; do the elements and framework create motion, leading the eye through the design? Is a good knowledge of Proportion and Scale demonstrated? Have elements and principles of design been applied and used effectively
- Construction: Does the design demonstrate a high quality of work and meet professional standards? Are all mechanics well-hidden, and is there a durable and stable framework (if applicable)? Do special features such as motion, lighting, and illusions work correctly? Has the display been well-constructed?
- Use of Balloons: Is there an exciting and creative use of balloons in terms of design, color, texture, quality and finish?
- Unity & Harmony: Do all the elements appear to belong together, resulting in a strong sense of oneness (a feeling of belonging together)?
Fill out this form to register for the LIVE Balloon Column Competition:
*Note: you must be signed into a Google account to fill out the form.