When: Sunday, March 21, 9:00 pm GMT
Competition Length: 30 minutes
This competition features all things balloon delivery! From intricate, twisted details and marquee designs to helium-filled jumbo bouquets, applicants can show off all of their amazing skills - in 30 minutes or less!
Competition Rules & Guidelines
- This competition will be a live event lasting 30 minutes.
- Please plan to sign in 20 minutes before the competition begins.
- You will need to have your balloon product ready when the competition begins.
- Only Qualatex and Northstar balloons are allowed. Designs using other brands will be disqualified.
- Within 5 minutes of the competition being over, you will be required to email a picture of your twisted figure to email@example.com for judging.
- Please confirm you understand all of the competition rules & guidelines.
The Deliverable Sculpture & Bouquet entries will be judged in the five categories listed below. Each category will have equal weight with criteria as follows:
- Overall Impression: Visual impact, originality, uniqueness. Does the deliverable piece clearly state the sentiment so it is immediately apparent what the occasion is? Does the deliverable piece have strong visual impact so it demands attention when it’s brought into a room? Is the design exciting and pleasing to the eye with a newness of style? Does it use a concept created along new or unconventional lines? Does the deliverable piece convey a feeling of professionalism and creativity? Creative expression is not necessarily practical or easily reproduced.
- Overall Design: Does the deliverable piece illustrate effective use of Color and Balance? Is there a good use of Rhythm and Line within the display? Is there a good knowledge of Proportion and Scale demonstrated within the display? Have elements and principles of design been applied and used effectively?
- Construction: Is the design easy to transport and present to the recipient? Is the design stable and durable? Does the design demonstrate a high quality of work and meet professional standards? Are all mechanics well-hidden, and is there a durable and stable framework (if applicable)? Do special features such as motion, lighting, and illusions work correctly? Has the deliverable piece been well-constructed?
- Use of Balloons: Is there an exciting and creative use of balloons in terms of design, color, texture, quality, and finish?
- Unity & Harmony: Do all the elements appear to belong together, resulting in a strong sense of oneness (a feeling of belonging together)?
Fill out this form to register for the LIVE Deliverable Sculpture Competition.
*Note: you must be signed into a Google account to fill out the form.