When: Monday, March 22, 6:00 pm GMT
Competition Length: 45 minutes
Vogue! Show your style with this exciting competition! Applicants will have 45 minutes to construct the balloon fashion piece of their choice. From hats to dresses, anything you can wear goes!
Competition Rules & Guidelines
- This competition will be a live event lasting 45 minutes.
- Please plan to sign in 20 minutes before the competition begins.
- You will need to have your balloon product ready when the competition begins.
- Only Qualatex and Northstar balloons are allowed. Designs using other brands will be disqualified.
- Within 5 minutes of the competition being over, you will be required to email a picture of your twisted figure to firstname.lastname@example.org for judging.
- Please confirm you understand all of the competition rules & guidelines.
The Balloon Fashion entries will be judged in the five categories listed below. Each category will have equal weight with criteria as follows:
- Overall Impression: Visual impact, originality, uniqueness. Is the design exciting and pleasing to the eye with a newness of style? Does it use a concept created along new or unconventional lines? Does the design convey a feeling of professionalism and creativity? Creative expression is not necessarily practical or easily reproduced.
- Balloon Manipulation Skills: Was a high degree of difficulty used in the creation of this piece? How precise were the techniques used?
- Construction: Does the design demonstrate a high quality of work and meet professional standards? Are all mechanics well-hidden, and is there a durable and stable framework (if applicable)? Do special features such as motion, lighting, and illusions work correctly? Has the display been well-constructed?
- Use of Balloons: Is there an exciting and creative use of balloons in terms of design, color, texture, quality, and finish? Have elements and principles of design been applied and used effectively?
- Unity & Harmony: Do all the elements appear to belong together, resulting in a strong sense of oneness (a feeling of belonging together)?
Fill out this form to register for the LIVE Balloon Fashion Competition.
*Note: you must be signed into a Google account to fill out the form.