When: Sunday, March 21, 2:30pm GMT
Competition Length: 12 minutes
This quick and exciting competition allows entrants 12 minutes to twist the balloon figure of their choice using only Qualatex latex balloons.
Competition Rules & Guidelines
- This competition will be a live event lasting 12 minutes.
- Please plan to sign in 20 minutes before the competition begins.
- You will need to have your balloon product ready when the competition begins.
- Only Qualatex balloons are allowed. Designs using other brands will be disqualified.
- Balloon Figures must be constructed from latex balloons only; no other materials may be used. Adhesives and marking pens are allowed.
- Within 5 minutes of the competition being over, you will be required to email a picture of your twisted figure to firstname.lastname@example.org for judging.
- Please confirm you understand all of the competition rules & guidelines.
The Balloon Figure entries will be judged in the five categories listed below. Each category will have equal weight with criteria as follows:
- Overall Impression: Visual impact, originality, uniqueness. Does the figure convey a sense of freshness or newness of style? Was it created with a new technique?
- Balloon Manipulation Skills: Was a high degree of difficulty used in the creation of this piece? How precise were the techniques used?
- Construction: Does the design demonstrate a high quality of work and meet professional standards? Are all mechanics well-hidden, and is there a durable and stable framework (if applicable)? Do special features such as motion, lighting, and illusions work correctly? Has the display been well-constructed?
- Finishing Touches: Do hand-drawn and hand-letter elements have a professional finish? Does the figure demonstrate attention to detail?
- Quality of Likeness: If the figure is supposed to be Santa Claus, for example, does it look like Santa?
Fill out this form to register for the LIVE Twisted Figure Competition (session one).
*Note: you must be signed into a Google account to fill out the form.